The Eureka Springs Carnegie Public Library is taking applications for part-time employment. Applicants should enjoy working with children and the public, possess good computer and communication skills, have customer service experience, and be able to work some evenings or weekends.
Please mail, email or drop off the attached two-page Employment Application to:
Loretta Crenshaw LCrenshaw@EurekaLibrary.org
Library Director 479-253-8754
194 Spring Street
Eureka Springs, AR 72632
Applications must be received by February 6 at 5:00 pm for consideration. Interviews will be conducted in mid-February, and the position will begin shortly thereafter.
- Starting salary - $9.00 per hour; 12 hours/week to start, incr. to 18 hrs/week in Spring
- Work Schedule somewhat flexible:
- Weekday mornings during training
- Includes some evenings & weekends thereafter
Job Description - Carroll County - Library Assistant
· Check materials in and out; register new patrons; keep status of circulation; check on overdue materials and notify patrons of overdue materials, while maintaining patron confidentiality.
· Assist the public in the use of library facilities.
· Aid patrons with computer and internet use.
· Provide reference and reader advisory.
· Prepare posters and displays.
· Assist in planning, preparing and executing programs, tours, story hours, class visits, film programs, book reviews and clubs in cooperation with Library Director.
· Graduation from high school or equivalent necessary.
· Applicant should be a library cardholder.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
· Some knowledge of reader interest levels and of book titles and authors.
· Intermediate computer skills, including internet navigation.
· Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with library patrons of all ages, backgrounds and abilities.
· Ability to perform clerical and record keeping tasks of moderate difficulty.
· Ability to do limited typing and operate library equipment.
· Library experience a plus, but not required.